IPL staff in Mumbai
CLT20 2012 tickets go on sale
Tickets available at CLT20.com and all PostNet outlets
SALES of Karbonn Smart Champions League Twenty20 (CLT20) 2012 tickets will open for the South African public this morning from 09h00 (local time) on 11 September 2012. Tickets are available online through www.clt20.com <http://www.clt20.com> and physically through all PostNet outlets. A full list of all PostNet outlets across the country can be obtained on the PostNet website (www.postnet.co.za <http://www.postnet.co.za> ).
The tournament proper starts on October 13, but the Champions League qualifying tournament starts on October 9. The format of the tournament is that after the final two teams have been decided via the qualifying tournament, all ten teams are divided into two groups of five teams per group.
The Group Stage comprises two teams from South Africa - the Titans and the Highveld Lions. The Perth Scorchers and Sydney Sixers are the two teams from Australia. Kolkata Knight Riders, Chennai Super Kings, Delhi Daredevils and Mumbai Indians, the defending CLT20 champions, are the sides from India.
The Titans are in Group A with the Kolkata Knight Riders, the Perth Scorchers and the Delhi Daredevils and the top team from Pool 1. The Highveld Lions are in Group B with the Chennai Super Kings, the Mumbai Indians and the Sydney Sixes. They will be joined by the top team from Pool 2.
The Group Stage will be preceded by a Qualifying Stage that will feature six teams, divided into two Pools of three teams each.
Pool 1 comprises Hampshire (England), Sialkot Stallions (Pakistan) and Auckland Aces (New Zealand). Pool 2 features Yorkshire (England), Trinidad and Tobago (West Indies) and Uva Next (Sri Lanka).
The Group Stage will commence on 13 October 2012, with a double-header at Centurion. The Titans will take on the Perth Scorchers, and the Kolkata Knight Riders will play the Delhi Daredevils later in the day.
The complete match-schedule is attached.
Ticket prices for the tournament vary and generally range from ZAR30-ZAR110 for double-header tickets depending on where you sit.
Key features of the 2012 Champions League Twenty20 Format and Match Schedule
· 6 Teams divided into 2 Pools of 3
· Top team from each Pool after round robin matches qualifies for Group Stage
· Pool 1 – Hampshire (England), Sialkot Stallions (Pakistan) and Auckland Aces (New Zealand)
· Pool 2 – Yorkshire (England), Trinidad and Tobago (West Indies) and Uva Next (Sri Lanka)
· 10 Teams divided into 2 Groups of 5
· Top 2 Teams from each Group advance to the Semi Finals
· 23 Matches in total (same as 2009 and 2010)
· Group A – Kolkata Knight Riders (India), Titans (South Africa), Perth Scorchers (Australia), Delhi Daredevils (India) and Qualifier 1.
· Group B – Chennai Super Kings (India), Highveld Lions (South Africa), Sydney Sixers (Australia), Mumbai Indians (India) and Qualifier 2.
· 9 Double Headers
· Semi Finals at Durban and Centurion
· Final at Wanderers in Johannesburg
2009 - NSW Blues
2010 - Chennai Super Kings
2011 – Mumbai Indians
Champions League Twenty20 Broadcasters
South Asia - ESPN Star Sports
Middle East and North Africa – Cric One
Sub Saharan and South Africa –Supersport
Europe and UK – Eurosport
USA – ESPN3
Caribbean – ESPN
Papua New Guinea – Hitron
Hong Kong – PCCW
Singapore – Singtel
China & Macau – Star Sports