1. CLT20 and all Participating Teams shall promote and encourage participation at all levels regardless of race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin.
2. CLT20 and all Participating Teams shall ensure that there is no discrimination in any form against any person because of race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin.
3. CLT20 will ensure that the provisions of all CLT20 rules and regulations are applied without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin.
4. CLT20 will prohibit racially abusive comments and actions by Players and Officials against fellow Players, Officials and spectators and all Participating Teams shall prohibit racially abusive comments and actions by their Players and Officials against other Players, Officials and spectators.
5. CLT20 will publicise and implement the following policy statement:
Spectators shall not engage in any conduct, act towards or speak to any player, umpire, referee or other official or other spectators in a manner which offends, insults, humiliates, intimidates, threatens, disparages or vilifies that other person on the basis of that other person’s race, religion, colour, national or ethnic origin.
6. CLT20 and all CLT20 Venues shall ensure that all Match ground venues adopt and conform to the following anti-racism process:
a) The following statement will be on Match tickets.
Spectators are reminded that racially abusive comments and actions will result in ejection from the ground and possible further action such as criminal prosecution, identification by way of photographing and/or capturing by video camera of the images of such persons and life-bans being imposed on such persons.
b) CLT20 and all CLT20 Venues will ensure that appropriate signs or posters are displayed at entrances to stadia, at prominent places in the stadia which are clearly visible to spectators and which draw the attention of spectators to the statement referred to immediately above.
c) The policy statement and ticket statement will be prominently and regularly displayed upon electronic scoreboards and regularly communicated in an audible manner to spectators by way of public address announcements.
7. CLT20 and all CLT20 Venues will ensure that all Match ground venues make public address announcements at the first indication of racist chanting, abuse and/or offensive behaviour, condemning such actions and stating that immediate action will be taken in terms of the anti-racism statement referred to in (6) above in respect of offenders.
8. Simultaneously with the making of such public address announcements as are referred to in (7) above, the Venue hosting the relevant fixture will immediately assist CLT20 in implementing the following measures against offenders as envisaged in the anti-racism statement:
a) ejection from the ground; and
b) where possible, identification by way of photographing and/or capturing by video camera of the images of such persons to assist with prosecution and/or imposition of a life ban.
9. CLT20 and all CLT20 Venues will ensure that ground officials and stewards at all Match ground venues are trained to take action against racist chanting and abuse. In this regard, the Venue hosting the relevant fixture will liaise with the participating Teams to ensure that the host Venue is made fully aware of specific terms and phrases that are particularly offensive to the participating Teams, Players, Officials or spectators.
10. CLT20 and all CLT20 Venues will ensure that all relevant Match ground venues take all reasonable measures to ensure that there is no sale or distribution of racist literature and/or any other racist material in or around the ground on Match days.
Sanctions to be Imposed Upon Spectators
11. Any spectator engaging in the conduct envisaged in (5) above may be subject to the following action:
a) have their image photographed or otherwise recorded in order that a data base be produced and maintained of such offenders;
b) be ejected from the stadium;
c) be charged with the relevant criminal offence in India for such racist conduct; and/or
d) be banned for life for attending Matches.
Founding MembersMedia Rights HoldersTitle SponsorAssociate SponsorUmpire Sponsor
Get closer to CLT20 this season by using Pulse while you watch the LIVE matches. Pulse asks you a range of questions relevant to the LIVE action as it unfolds. Your votes will be featured in the telecast in real-time and debated by the commentators, players and stars.